Saturday 24 October 2015

Starting and stopping LightTPD on Windows 7

I've just done some testing with Mongoose web server on my PC.

Mongoose was taking between 600ms and 6 secsonds to serve a PHP page.

I think it's time to get something faster.

Or at least, to check to see if there is anything faster I can run on my PC.

First up LightTPD


Simply copy the contents of LightTPD.zip somewhere on your PC.

Double-click on LightTPD.exe  to start it up.

Ctrl-c in the running shell window to stop it.

LightTPD is serving it's static html default home page in 22ms.  Potentially much faster than Mongoose.


Next steps:

How to configure LightTPD to access teh html files to serve

How to configure LightTPD to serve multiple virtual hosts

How to configure LightTPD to serve PHP

Measure the speed difference






No comments:

Post a Comment